The Amazing Owen
Home Account Search

Add A Comment :
Name :
Email :
URL :
        Remember Info?
Comment :

Captcha

Comments :
Owen looks so good!! He must be peeling out and doing donuts in his walker to wear out his 'tires' so quickly. :o)
Comment By Kristen At 2/1/2009 4:59 PM
I love all of these pictures! Seeing him in the walker makes me think that perhaps we should get one for Elisabeth. She won't put any pressure on her legs. Did you ever have that problem with Owen? Or did he take to 'walking around' easily?

I am so happy to hear that he is doing well and that he talking and smiling and being happy little Owen!
Comment By Lisa At 2/1/2009 5:52 PM
Your site is very informative and I would like to add it as a link on my daughters blog.
Comment By Sarah At 2/12/2009 6:19 AM
FhQur9 mkheazsnaowl, [url=http://hjwfwfikhbrc.com/]hjwfwfikhbrc[/url], [link=http://kexewaetmrnb.com/]kexewaetmrnb[/link], http://mzqiqrticsku.com/
Comment By saacboia At 2/16/2009 10:08 PM
WUsnZB oqftowmodkhy, [url=http://anjffwsyftwc.com/]anjffwsyftwc[/url], [link=http://egxkcpkwxbny.com/]egxkcpkwxbny[/link], http://guychtcsmwez.com/
Comment By bhhjfypmoy At 2/24/2009 8:07 PM
North Face outlet is a great place to find cheap north face jackets at discounted prices. At the north face outlet store you will be able to find all sorts of gear from jackets.
Comment By north face outlet At 9/18/2011 1:56 PM

Original Entry:
Happy Kiddo Again

I have to admit that today's entry is more to test a couple of new features than anything else, but it is a good excuse to put up a couple of pictures and give a quick update on Owen.  The features that I have added are ones that you can't really see. The first was to put in a way to update the blog from my phone.  While we were in the hospital a few weeks ago, I realized that I couldn't update the blog because I didn't have my laptop with me. I rely on the blog to tell the family (and friends) when things are happening during surgery, etc. My brother was kind enough to add updates for me (thanks!) but it would be nice to be able to add quick things from my phone.

The second feature that was obviously missing during our hospital stay was that of having the blog automatically send out an email to subscribers when I added a post.  My brother could add updates, but I had to call everyone to tell them to look for them because he didn't have the email list.  So if all goes well, an email will automatically be sent out to all of the subscribers when I hit the "Add Post" button.

So, enough about the technical stuff - the real question everyone wants the answer to is: How is Owen doing?  The answer is that he is doing fabulously!  The new shunt is definitely agreeing with him.  We also called the GI doc to get some advice on cleaning out the intestinal tract because he keeps getting so backed up.  Well, 3 days of enemas and magnesium citrate - followed by several days of 3 tbl of Milk of Magnesia - followed by even more days of 2 tbl of Milk of Magnesia have really improved Owen's outlook on life!  It has also caused Pampers' stock to go up by $1.

So Owen has been nothing but smiles and laughs for the last two weeks.  It has been great, especially after several weeks of him being miserable.  He has now figured out that the walker doesn't only work in the room that he starts out in.  He's a Man About Town lately and gates have been put up at the stairwells.  He cruises from room to room with ease now.  He is also "talking" up a storm lately.  Lots of new sounds and non-stop babbling.  I have some video that I will try to put together in the next few days.

And, of course, there must be pictures.  Below is Owen in the T-Shirt that I bought him for Earth Day last year.  I just love it!

2009-01-24-0002-small.JPG

That one was taken a few days ago.  Today I caught a few of Owen hanging out in the walker out in the kitchen.  We don't have the blanket attached to the poles for head support anymore, but we have found the poles useful to hang toys on.  The eyes looking down on him are on the hat that went to the spider Halloween costume.  The hat is too small for his big head, but he likes to look at anything with a face and he "talks" to it all the time.  You will also notice that I have added rubber bumpers to the sides of the walker.  The hard oak and the bolts were doing damage to the furniture.  I have also had to replace the wheels.  Owen spends almost all day in the walker now, and he wore out the first set!  I put some more heavy duty models on this time, hoping that they will last a bit longer.

2009-02-01-0001-modified.JPG

I love my Slinky!

2009-02-01-0015-modified.JPG

My Happy Boy is Back!

2009-02-01-0014-modified.JPG

Legal Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to make certain that the information contained in this website is accurate, it must be remembered that the content is managed by a parent, not by a doctor. Information contained here is for general support purposes only and is no substitute for the care of a physician.