The Amazing Owen
Home Account Search

Add A Comment :
Name :
Email :
URL :
        Remember Info?
Comment :

Captcha

Comments :
Oh, Michelle, that is SO exciting! Tell Owen Ms. Julie is proud of him!
Comment By Julie Neal At 6/13/2012 6:09 PM
That is awesome!!!!!!!! Sooooooooo proud of him!!!!!
Comment By Melissa At 6/13/2012 6:58 PM
Oh wow! Oh wow!! That was fun to watch!!
Comment By Kristen At 6/13/2012 7:23 PM
Michelle, I am amazed to see howOwen has much grown and matured in his looks and is developing so well physically. He looks great. How is he doing with the cochlear implant? How is his speech developing? I think about you guys so often and wish so much that I could have stayed with you longer. I would love to come see you wone day if it was OK. Give Owen a kiss and a hug. Tell Sammi hi. She was such a sweet thoughtful little girl. So well mannered. Take care. I enjoyed reading all of hte blogs and catching up tonight.
Comment By leisa lefew At 6/13/2012 10:53 PM
Oh My GOODNESS, that is so awesome!!! You all must be elated!! Good job Owen :) Looking forward to seeing you all next week :)
Comment By josephine At 6/14/2012 8:03 AM
Comment By josephine At 6/14/2012 8:03 AM
Thank you for posting this video. It gives us such hope for our Jonah! Owen looks wonderful and I am so excited for yall! Debbie Riley, Rural Retreat
Comment By Debbie Riley At 6/14/2012 11:34 AM
Way to go Owen! I'm so proud of you! Hope you all are having a wonderful summer! :)
Comment By Angel At 6/16/2012 11:38 PM
Michelle, It is awesome to see Owen walking. That is so amazing. He has come so far since I was with you guys. I love reading the blogs and seeing his progress. I can only imagine how elated you all must be. I think of you guys often and will always remember my time with you although it was short. Sammi and Owen both found a place in my heart where they will forever stay. Leisa LeFew
Comment By Leisa LeFew At 7/29/2012 9:04 PM

Original Entry:
Oh Yeah, The Surgery Was Worth It
I'm trying to get this up really quickly to share with family, but let's just say that Chiari decompression surgery was worth it.  Owen has NEVER been able to propel his walker on his own without someone stabilizing it for him.  Below is Owen in his walker today, it took him a minute to get going, but then he really took off!

Or in full HD (148 MB)

With huge thanks to Nacol (Owen's PT) who has never given up on him and to Barbara his nurse that has worked with him every day for months to get to this point.

Legal Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to make certain that the information contained in this website is accurate, it must be remembered that the content is managed by a parent, not by a doctor. Information contained here is for general support purposes only and is no substitute for the care of a physician.